Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Despair

I watched the night descending, as feathers float and fall,
Creeping, slowly gently to wrap its velvet shawl.
The daylight shadows shrinking and fading out of sight,
The dusky grey's transforming to blackness of the night.

The silent, eerie blackness dew fervor from my breast,
It told me these cold shadows were on a deathly quest.
I crouched as I reflected, my knees beneath my chin,
This helped to keep the cold and keep me warm within.
  

A cringing, wretched creature, my arms tucked around my head
A lonely hungry vagrant, I sat in servile dread.
Recalling my past blunders, drink and drugs and sin,
My faults that left me friendless, rejected by my kin.
  

A worthless human being, when I was still quite young,
How then upon life's ladder I reached the bottom rung?
This life that I have wasted! Why was I put on Earth?
Is this what fate intended – right from the day of my birth?
  

The darkness got much darker, my eyes, they could not see,
And my thoughts and oneness appeared to part from me.
Teardrops glazed my eyesight. I shivered, smiled then cried.
The knell of death was sounding. It rang, it called, I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment