Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Something Blue?

Oh, the wedding plans have begun.  My living room looks like a wedding paraphernalia explosion. It’s weird  to walk in the door and see the mess of magazines, adorned with frilly dresses, bouffant hair doo’s and do it yourself ideas scattered  throughout my living room.  Dare I say I am getting excited! I know when I say these next few words… I will get a lot of flack…. But, since I am “older” there I said it, I feel like I shouldn’t be as giddy or excited or nervous as I get sometimes.  I have to tell myself, to relax and let myself enjoy this time, even if I feel like I’m too old to act this way.  I just wish I had someone to share the planning, the ideas, and the giddiness with.  It’s hard when your soon to be other half is across the world sleeping, when I’m left day dreaming about what the big day will look like.
We have started the visa process, and now we have to do something that I am NOT very good at. Wait. It’s been 2 weeks and we haven’t heard anything, and I feel likes it’s been 2 months. The date has been set, September 3, 2011 – so let’s pray, keep fingers and toes crossed that our papers will go thru in the next 5 months. Ugh – that seems forever.
I hope the next few months fly by because I can’t wait to start my life with this guy who I never dreamed I’d meet. One, because he is nothing I wanted, but everything I didn’t know I needed. And two, because he loves me in a way I didn’t think I would find. Now I just need to figure out how not to drive him crazy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment