Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First comes Love, then comes Marriage, then COMES…..

Norman and I are going to have a BABY!!!! 
I can’t even begin to express how excited we were when we found out. We had just returned from Scotland and for some reason, I just knew it. I didn’t have any symptoms as of yet, but I could just feel it. I took 3 home pregnancy tests to verify, all if which came back positive. We stood in the bathroom holding each other crying.
Of course Norman didn’t want to get too excited until the doctor confirmed it, which happened a week later. Then Mr. “it’s not official until the doctor says so” went straight to the store and started buying unisex baby clothes.  
I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember. Not having kids was never an option, but I wanted to do it with a partner.  About 6 years I got the word “Blessed tattooed on my left wrist. People think it’s just a word, or a feeling but it’s a song from one of my favorite artists, Elton John.
Blessed
Hey you, you're a child in my head
You haven't walked yet
Your first words have yet to be said
But I swear you'll be blessed

I know you're still just a dream
your eyes might be green
Or the bluest that I've ever seen
Anyway you'll be blessed

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky

Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that
You'll be blessed

I need you before I'm too old
To have and to hold
To walk with you and watch you grow
And know that you're blessed


 
I would sing this song when I was a teenager, dreaming of the day I would become a mom, and I’m so excited that day has finally come.
So, friends and family here is to my journey, which has hit a few bumps so far, but I am looking forward to the upcoming months of changes and the arrival of our little bundle of joy.  Today we are at 10 weeks along and our predicted due date is November 25, 2012.
I have started to keep a simple log of Q&A which I will share from week to week or at milestones that will give a insight to how things are going.  I would like to remind everyone that I am not someone who likes to fluff things up, or make something sound like something it’s not. These are my true feelings, and while at sometimes may be harsh, it’s how I’m feeling at the time.
I am reminded of a friend of my parents who had a baby, whom never smiled, screamed all the time and just was not a pleasant baby for the first few months. They nicknamed her a “little ball of hate”.  She has since become the cutest, sweetest/kindest little girl you’ll ever meet.
I could never  imagine I loving someone so much as already love this baby, but … I think I have a “little ball of hate” growing inside of me.



April 2, 2012
How far along? 6 weeks
Total weight gain: I’m down 2 pounds from when I first found I was pregnant – Strange. Who knew getting pregnant was the latest diet fad?
Maternity clothes? Not yet.
Stretch marks? Not any new ones ;)
Sleep: I’ve been sleeping like a baby – no pun intended. I go to bed around 9:30 and am up around 7:30 – 8. Occasionally I have to get up during the night to go potty.
Best moment this week: Getting my first ultrasound and finding out I am 6 weeks pregnant. Only 34 weeks to go!
Miss Anything? For some strange reason, I started missing beer. I haven’t drank a beer in over 2 years, but I saw a Budweiser commercial the other night, and started craving it!
Movement: Nothing yet.
Food cravings: I bought a mango at the grocery store yesterday – I’ve never really liked fruit before – hopefully I will continue to crave fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick: We drove by KFC the other day and I immediately started gagging. The smell of fried chicken stayed with me for at least an hour afterwards.
Gender:  Not yet
Labor Signs:  No signs yet
Symptoms: From time to time a get a slight headache, queasiness, and sore boobs, slight stretching/bloated pains in my stomach.
Belly Button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy. There have been some mood swings, but nothing to severe to make my husband look at me like he doesn’t know who I am …..yet!
Looking forward to: Telling the whole world that I am going to be a Mommy, and of course the journey to getting there.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 9, 2012
How far along? 7 weeks
Total weight gain: Strange how one week you’re down, then next you’re up. Gained 2 lbs
Maternity clothes? Not yet.
Stretch marks? Not any new ones ;)
Sleep: I can’t get enough of it. I could sleep 20 hours a day if left alone. I am sluggish, can’t imagine doing the simplest tasks as even showering. This little bundle of joy is sucking the life out of me. I just keep telling myself, “this too will pass”
Best moment this week: Finding out 2 other friends of mine are also with child! I can’t wait to walk this journey with them.
Miss Anything? Missing beer went away as fast as it came. I miss my energy. It was SO sunny this weekend, and it was everything I could do to drag myself to sit in the sun for an hour. Then went back to the couch and watched my husband run after me. Man I love him!
Movement: Nothing yet.
Food cravings: Popsicles. If I didn’t get a popsicle in my hand, I was going to cause some serious damage. Today, I have been craving yoghurt, which is strange because I don’t like the stuff.
Anything making you queasy or sick: POPCORN! I was at work when a co-worker made some for us, and I went running for the bathroom. I didn’t make it! Enough said!
Gender:  Not yet
Labor Signs:  No signs yet
Symptoms: major bloating, dizziness when I stand up too fast, morning sickness that happens throughout the day and other bathroom nastiness.
Belly Button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy for the most part but, I did get a little depressed this weekend. It was very warm and sunny out, and I wanted to do some gardening, and playing in the sun. But I was so exhausted that I would have rather died than get up and walk around. 
Looking forward to: Getting my get up and go back. I hear from other mom’s that the fatigue lasts only the first trimester so I’m hopeful I will get some energy soon. Also, we have our second doctor’s appt. this week. 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 21, 2012
How far along? 9 weeks
Total weight gain: I’m down 6 pounds from when I first found I was pregnant – Severe morning sickness has not been good to me.
Maternity clothes? Not yet.
Stretch marks? Not any new ones ;)
Sleep:  Sleep has been interrupted a lot by stomach pains, waking up to strong smells, (dog farts) lots of tossing and turning and frequent trips to the bathroom.
Best moment this week: Finally feeling a little better from the morning sickness.
Miss Anything? Food. I haven’t been able to eat anything for 2 weeks. L
Movement: Nothing yet.
Food cravings: Nothing! I haven’t eaten in a really long time.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything! I was diagnosed with Hypermesis which is a severe condition of morning sickness. The only way I don’t get sick, is if I don’t eat or drink anything which of course isn’t good for me.
Gender:  Not yet
Labor Signs:  No signs yet
Symptoms: Just morning sickness so far. Hopefully it will end soon.
Belly Button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  I had to spend the night in the hospital this week, as I was severely dehydrated and have lost a lot of weight. The past 2 weeks have been really hard and I’ve had a lot of depression, because I have been sick so much. I just want to feel better.
Looking forward to: Not wanting to die, and to start to enjoy this pregnancy.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 29, 2012
How far along? 10 weeks
Total weight gain:  I still haven’t gained any additional weight, I’m down 4 pounds from when I first found I was pregnant  but up 3lbs from last week so it’s getting better .
Maternity clothes? I bought a Bella Band – now I can lie around with my pants un-buttoned!
Stretch marks? Not any new ones ;)
Sleep:  Sleep has been sporadic. I’m hoping the stomach growing pains go away. There are also a couple insane birds outside my bedroom window who like to chirp ALL NIGHT LONG! I’ve seriously thought about buying a beebee gun.
Best moment this week: Drinking a coffee, oh how I missed it.
Miss Anything? I’m still missing food in general.
Movement: Nothing yet.
Food cravings: MUFFINS! For a week or so, all I wanted to eat were muffins. All kinds.
Anything making you queasy or sick: If I can smell it, I will get sick!. I have found that I can eat anything as long as its smell-less… so you can imagine that leaves a whole lot of nothing! Gender:  Not yet
Labor Signs:  No signs yet.
Symptoms: Lots of cramping. Doctor says it’s normal.
Belly Button in or out?  In.
Wedding rings on or off?  On.
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Pretty Moody. L Too bad for my husband. I haven’t been able to enjoy much of this pregnancy yet.
Looking forward to: Going somewhere and not having to scope out the closest bathroom. That and getting thru grocery shopping without have to hover over a stinky bum bathroom stall. There is nothing worse than getting sick in a public bathroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment